Monday, August 17, 2009

Now it's my turn: The first day

Priscila chides me for blogging randomly about the latest political 'haps. As I've wrote before, there's no sense writing a tell-all on work and she's with the kids 99% of the time, so it just makes sense that she blogs about the family.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. It's my turn to live day to day without a spouse.

Her Paternal Grandfather passed away over the weekend. Bummer. We got her and her dad, Domingo, on the airplane to Buenos Aries this morning. She'll be gone for a week. I have all the kids. All five. And the dog.

Since I still have some work obligations I can't get out of this week, maybe I should say I'm wearing BOTH shoes (hers and mine).

It's 21:06 (9:06 PM) PST. All the kids are quiet in their beds with much of the same "go to bed routine". I'm sitting at the top of the stairs hoping I don't have to argue with another boy tonight whilst I blog a few thoughts. I think only a couple are really asleep. Magically, Andrew is quietly awake in his crib lying on his back. I can't find the formula, so a sippy cup of water will have to do. I wonder what's going on in his head. Priscila's flight is due east of the Caymans, between Cuba and Jamaica. She has another 6.5 hours left before landing.

Bucky spent the day cleaning the house while I tried to work from my parent's house. I got lots done (still more to do tonight). She really got things knocked out. Most of the laundry, almost all the rooms, the pantry (which is why i can't find the formula). It was hard to believe what she accomplished.

Ethan spent the weekend with Grandma Light and Grandpa Bill. Gabe and Isaac returned from Signs and Wonders Camp today. No major revelations came back from camp, but I thought these things were worth praising Him:
  • Gabe wants to commit to 30 minutes a week of quiet time with the Lord
  • Isaac went forward during camp to pray for churches in the NW and received a touch from the Lord. It was a group thing - lots of kids went forward - which does not diminish his personal experience at all.
  • They both made friends and even found some in common with kids in the neighborhood.
  • They're both excited about going back next year
It's 21:22 and, save the clickty of keyboard and the drone of the house fan, all is quiet.

All is well.

No comments: